The Debate: Justin Bieber.

I know this is an odd subject, especially from a blogger who rarely speaks of music. However the other day I was scrolling down my Facebook newsfeed and I cam across some statement of how Justin Bieber had thrown crude comments at a stranger. This isn't the only bad news I've heard of him and I started to wonder, how does he get away with it (of course if the statement is true)? Even more so, how is he such an idol to young teens?

His music was all the rage whilst I was at secondary school, the album I remember the most is My World. He's known for his haircut and his child-like facial features. I like to know that a musical artist has some feel or input into their own music, Justin Bieber co-writes the majority of his and for some reason I feel this is just not enough. His songs are all very repetitive and great for young teens to get the hang of, no wonder they are his target audience. 

The year is 2013 and Justin Bieber is 19. Here are some big and bad media moments that I have heard and seen.

I'm fully aware I shouldn't believe everything I see in the media. I do believe that some of this must be true. The rebellious attitude he has welcomed is shocking, especially towards paparazzi. Is this just another spell of child star turning adult wreck? Maybe it's all got a bit much and he is just a young man following his dreams and making a lot of money, would you say no?



Of course he has raised money for charity, tell me a celebrity that hasn't? The one that stands out the most to me is Charity Water but then thinking about it, he didn't raise any money. He asked his fans to. I'm not a belieber but neither do I hate him, I don't listen to his music or follow him on social networking sites. I want to understand his fans and why they look up to him, but so far all I can find is bad news. 

Thank you for reading, I know it's something a bit different.
Poppy x




2 comments

  1. I'm not a fan of him or his music, I don't hate him but he is always being rude and disrespectful to others and I don't completely believe in the media but some things have to be true. What annoys me the most is how he gets away with doing anything because of his status

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly my point, one day he might just cross the line and then maybe people might open their eyes a little more.

      Delete