Guest Post Feat. Ellie Whiting with Top 5 Summer Products

I'm Ellie, let’s talk a little about my blog (http://ellenawhiting.blogspot.co.uk/) not too much, I don’t want to bore with details. My blog features a variety of fashion/style and beauty posts, and along with these posts I include music, I hope that adds a nice little spark to them.
Anyway, onto the post. Here are my top 5 summer favourites. Hope you enjoy.


Benefit High Beam
Summer approaches and along with the sister product – Sun Beam, this highlighter seems to be raved about. I now understand why.
I purchased this product a month or so ago and it quickly ventured into having a permanent place in my daily makeup routine. I tend to swipe it under the arch of my eyebrows, along my cheekbones and then a little dab on my cupids bow and that seems to hit all the points without going overboard.  
The lightweight liquid glides on the skin super easy and with a little buffing gives you a natural looking glow that, I’m sure, most of us fancy. The highlighter is a pearlescent colour, so great for us British that aren’t blessed with sunkissed LA skin, although, if you happen to be one of those that are blessed with sunkissed skin, despite the fact I haven’t tried it personally, I’d recommend Sun Beam over High Beam, as the colour is more of a bronze, therefore probably so much more suitable for your skin tone.
This may not be the cheapest product for its size but I would say it’s worth trying.


MAC Lipstick (Shade: Retro Matte, All Fired Up)
This one was a recent duty free buy. Having a looksy in MAC at duty free is a must, and the product you purchase there always leads to become the one product you wore endlessly on that holiday.
This fuchsia matte lipstick I certainly made the most of on holiday and also have been since I got back. It’s the summer alternative to MACs Ruby Woo. The lipstick you use on a lazy outfit day to jazz it up. That’s the one great thing about the bold lipstick colours. Another great thing about this lipstick is that due to it being a matte lipstick, it lasts forever – really, it does. 


Chloe Eau De Parfum
Perfume is a difficult thing. Some people like to switch it up, some like to be that person with a signature fragrance and some like to change it up with the seasons. I think I belong in that category, I find it extremely difficult to discover a product that works for both winter and summer. Although, contradicting what I just said, until recently I would say I came under the signature fragrance category, I soon abandoned that after repeatedly sneaking a squirt of this Chloe perfume on my trips to Boots. It changed my mind.
There’s just something about this perfume, it smells so, fresh. It’s the smell you would imagine an effortlessly chic Parisian women, sitting at a cafe in the Louvre gardens for breakfast smelling of. That may sound unusual but we all desire to be like that chic woman at times.
 Enough about the connotations of the smell. Let’s talk about what it actually smells like. It contains the following scents; rose, lychee and honey. The perfect feminine twist for summer don’t you think?


In My Shoes by Tamara Mellon
With summer comes reading. Chilling at the beach with a book is always a good choice on a warm day. So here’s a book I have discovered that is fashion related and not just full of a few pages of writing like most fashion books. I may not have read this book yet but I can’t wait to start it. Written by the co-founder of Jimmy Choo, this looks like an inspiring, interesting and exciting book that explores the highs and lows of being influential in fashion.


Stolen Dance by Milky Chance
We all love a summer song. If chart topping pop isn’t your idea of summer music then here is a possible alternative.

Enjoy! 
And thank you Poppy for the guest post.
 xoxo

2 comments

  1. I've been dying to try High Beam for ages >< It looks so pretty, love retro matte lipsticks too. Great favourites x

    ReplyDelete