Valentines Makeup 2015


Hiya,

Today I created this pink and grey soft smoky eye, with soft pink lips for a valentines look that wasn't to heavy.

I started off by applying my moisturiser which is the Simple hydrating light moisturiser, this is a great moisturiser because you only have to use the tiniest bit to get a great effect. I then used Mac studio fix fluid in NW13 to create my base, followed by the Collection lasting perfection concealer in shade 1/fair to cover my under eye circles and any spots. Moving onto my brows I used the e.l.f. eyebrow kit which I then brushed out anything that was too dark with a spooley  brush.

For my eyes I applied the Maybelline color tattoo 24hr in Pink Gold, which I use as a primer for looks like this especially as it will help to enhance the pink in this look. To put the pink in the middle I used the shade 'Strange' in the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette to create the dimension in the centre. I then grabbed the Benefit smokin' eyes kit and used the lightest grey on the inner and outer corner to plan out where I would put the shadow, then blended it through the crease. I then put the darker colour from the kit where I put the grey and built it up and blended it out until I had the desired effect. I then used the pink highlighter from the kit on top of the Urban Decay colour. I then picked up my Kiko pigment loose shadow  (it says the shade is no. 10 which doesn't match up online, anyway it's a pink shade) and pressed that on top of the centre of my eye. I also put the grey under my eyes a little to create dimension.

I then created the eyeliner flick with Collection fast stroke eyeliner and added a layer of Benefit Badgal Lash mascara on my top and bottom lashes. Last but not least  I used a Soap & Glory lipstick in The Missing Pink, to add a soft pink colour to my lips that wasn't distracting from my eyes.

I hope you enjoyed this post, I know I haven't done anything like it in a while. 

Thanks,
Poppy x

1 comment