Baked Banana, Raisin and Summer Fruit Oatmeal

I'm back after a rather long unexpected break, but hello again!

For Christmas I received the Deliciously Ella cookbook, as one of my new year resolutions is to eat more of a plant based diet. This cookbook has immediately made me so passionate about eating healthier and cooking/baking for myself.

So here I've interpreted a recipe from the cookbook and made it my own by changing up a few of the ingredients. I took the recipe which serves 2 and halved it, but I think this could still serve 2 as you will see later.

Ingredients;

- 1/2 a cup of oats

- 1/2 a cup of summer fruits (I used frozen ones. Which were a mix of strawberry, blueberry and raspberry)

- 1 ripe banana (1/2 for in the oatmeal 1/2 for the topping)

- 1/4 cup of raisins

- 1/4 cup of almond milk

- 1/2 a handful of pecans

- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon

- 1/2 a tablespoon of honey (optional plus there are so many alternatives)

Preheat the oven to 190C


I put the 1/2 cup of oats in a bowl and covered with boiling water, then let them sit for around 10 minutes. By the end of this time the water should be almost or completely soaked up.


Whilst waiting for the oats to soak I chopped up the bananas and put 1/2 aside. I also chopped up the pecans, I like quite big chunks but this is really down to personal preference. Then I measured out the rest of the ingredients






When the oats are completely soaked add all of the ingredients together and mix.


Then pour into your baking dish and place a few bananas on top for decoration.

Then bake for 20 minutes or until the top has browned.




EAT!

This is honestly the yummiest oatmeal. It is so warming, especially for a typical British winter morning.

I hope you've enjoyed this blog post as it is something a little different.

Thank you for reading, 

No comments