Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick Review - Gemini & Redrum

Hiya,

Today I will be talking about the liquid lipsticks released by Jeffree Star. These aren't old news by any means but I've never tried them and don't know anyone who has!

I follow Jeffree Star on instagram and always ogle at his products, wondering if I should pay the price to get one. It isn't so much the cost of the lipsticks which is expensive, but the overall price adds up once you add the postage too.

I have ordered one before in the shade androgyny, I applied it once and it didn't suit me (or look like any other swatches I had seen before). I packaged it straight back up and sold it on.

When I saw they were releasing more colours a couple of months ago I new it I wanted to get my hands on the shade Gemini. 


I know these are quite popular so I was prepared on my laptop at 6pm (maybe it was 8pm I can't really remember), I was able to put Gemini in my basket straight away and I grabbed Redrum on a whim.

They took 2 weeks to get here which wasn't bad, I know that it was at the same time the warehouse was broken into too.


The packaging is absolutely gorgeous and is great for on the go.

It has a curved doupher applicator, which gives a dreamy application. The application is also super smooth greatly due to the creamy formula too. The colours are both super opaque and stay on for hours, as long as you don't eat anything oily. Plus reapplying them is easy, no lumps or bumps like some other liquid lipsticks I've tried. 


Gemini (left), Redrum (right)

It has amazing staying power but it isn't a task to get off, I just use my normal micellar water and it's off in a jiffy.

I'll definitely be on the lookout for a lighter shade in the collection.

What's your favourite liquid lipstick?

Thanks for reading,

No comments