Holly Hughes FOTD | Guest Blogger

Hiya! 



My name is Holly I'm 17, an aspiring makeup artist and photography enthusiast from Manchester UK. My makeup obsession started around 3 years ago, and my collection has continued to grow. I post makeup looks and general beauty pics onto Instagram and have made a few YouTube videos. (Of course you can go have a look at the videos here).

I always start out with a good base for my makeup, this allows it to sit better on  my skin and also keeps my skin moisturised so my foundation doesn't sink into any dry spots. The moisturiser I use is the Nivea pure&natural soothing day cream, this cream is a fast drying and highly moisturising, as I have extremely sensitive skin this cream works so well and doesn't cause any irritation. I also love to use a primer in this case I have recently been using Benefit Pore-fessional, this just fills in any big pores and smooths down the skin texture for foundation.

  
I'm a foundation before eyes kinda girl so next I will apply my foundation, my favourite is Mac studio fix in NC15, this foundation is really long lasting on the skin and also doesn't cause any irritation like some others do. I then use my Collection concealer in light to conceal under my eyes and cover any blemishes, when you're as fair as me the lightest shade is your skin tone rather than a highlighting concealer. I use my trusty Rimmel stay matte powder to set everything into place to ensure it doesn't slip off during the day.


To fill in my non-existent eyebrows I use my BarryM brow kit with my Zoeva 317 winged liner brush to carve out the shape and a real techniques brow brush to fill in.


For eyes I don't use a primer as I don't think they help so I skip that step, and go straight onto shadows. I apply a skin tone or just some powder to my eyelids to give it a little bit of coverage, and go into the crease of my eye with the warm brown shade from my Mac warm neutrals palette. I also apply the darker brown into the outer v of my eye and blend it through the crease with the lighter shade. I am a big fan of an easy Smoky eye so this is a go to makeup look for me. I then will take the bronze copper shade and apply this onto my lid and blend this upwards to the crease colours. Lastly I will take the darkest colours and line under my eye with this and the top lashline to give the look a dark smudged line. One of the best liquid eyeliners I've tried is the Primark one so I use this most days to give myself perfect wings. To finish the eyes I will apply a couple of coats of my Benefit Rollerlash mascara.



Finally to finish the look I will use my Anastasia powder contour kit and the lightest contour shade to contour the usual areas. To bronze up I will use the other two shades over the top to give a bronzed look to go with the eyes. To highlight because we all know highlighting is the best part, I love using the Bobbi Brown shimmer brick in Rose Quartz on the highest points of my face.


As I have extremely dry lips I usually leave my lips plain and apply some Vaseline because I like to keep the concentration on the eyes.

Thanks to Poppy for letting me post onto her blog, I am extremely appreciative and if anyone wants to check out any of my social media it’s listed below.



No comments